Monday, December 8, 2008

Let me eat cake!

Happy December and Guess What I'm 40!!
I think Craig's getting tired of hearing me tell strangers on the street my age. I guess I'll stop. No one seems to think it's as big a deal as I do.
AnyWho
I'd like to wish my lovely sister a happy Birthday (its December 1st) and to let her know I love her lots.
I did alot this past week and it started with putting up the Christmas tree. Thanks to the help of Lillian and Norman.
Ha! I put you in my blog.
I also put my Christmas lights on outside. I'll post pictures of it soon. It looks really cute.
Friday night we spent it with Mago (Mans and Gosia) they had people over and we did some "Christmas Caroling".
Saturday woke up late to much "Caroling" finished up my book of the week which is
"In the time of the Butterflies" by Julia Alvarez
I highly recommend this book if your lacking some GIRL POWER in your life.
This is a powerful tale of four sisters that help end the tyranny of a dictator (Trujillo) in the DR (Dominican Republic)
It will leave you wanting more so.... rent the movie.
I did.
Of course its not as moving as the book, but its good. Salma Hayeck and Marco Antonio look so young
James E Olmos does a good job @ being the villain. I recommend that if your going to read the book don't watch the movie until afterwards.
To continue my Saturday.
Then we had our company Christmas Party @ the Boring I mean Boeing Future of Flight.
Nice Venue. Bland food. went home @ 9pm.
Now for Sunday.... The most fun day of my week
I laughed and laughed till I peed in my pants.
(Yup my bladder is shot now that I'm old, Depends here I come)
Went out with the wild and crazies ( my meetup group)
We had the ugliest Christmas Sweater, White Elephant gift exchange and Red Whine night
I thought I had seen it all. But these poor sweaters.
I had no IDEA what ugly was until last night. The one that one first place. Lit up and had two women having a fist fight over presents....No Joke.
Anyway I had a great time and look forward to when I get to host them next month on January 9th.
by the way keep your eye on the Vegas post. I'm not quite done with it yet. Will add stuff to it soon.
Only 16 more Shopping Days
Merry
Merry
Blog you later
Ana

No comments: