Saturday, December 3, 2011

Dreaming of Key West

Had a lovely time last night with some awesome coworkers @ New York Pizza and Bar  the happy hour was a bargain and the food was so delicious I will definitely will be visiting the.m again, hopefully with the great gang from last night. Miss Kim, Ray, Vicki, Big C, and Wade.I had to rush outta there though to catch the Nutcracker at Renton IKEA Performing Arts Center. It was lovely seeing my friend Sheila's kids. So Cute. I had a very nice Friday night. So why is it that: 
Winter hasn't even started and already, I'm feeling that itch.
The "What the **** am I doing in another rainy, gloomy, depressing 30 degree Seattle day?" itch.
Problem is, besides the monetary one, travel time.
I can't stand airports, airplanes, and wait time.
I dread the claustrophobia of it all.  I can't bear not being able to escape. Where are the gd exits?
I would rather sit in my car, knowing I can always exit it. for 3 days then one 6 hour flight. I endure, because the reward of sitting at the pool with something slushy is all worth it.

No comments: