Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An atipical Tuesday @ Casa Herren

I'm truly turning into a West Coasty gal. Did some things I would have never done if I still lived in Texas.

Got a deal for two weeks for $20 unlimited Yoga at Balance Yoga Studio in Woodinville http://balanceyogastudio.co/ 
my teacher was:
100000005_mobile Tamara Martin
Tamara's inspiration for yoga came from her first hula dance lessons as a child. The experience of living in Hawaii as a young child even for just a couple of years left an indelible impression. Island living had a pulse to it that she very much associated with yoga. She was introduced to yoga in the 8th grade. Years later as a mom with 3 young children, yoga fed her desire for graceful movement and relaxation. Her teaching style is hatha flow. She believes it is great to get the body moving, linking each asana to the breath. She feels that Hatha flow is so inclusive, becoming united in our intention to move and breath thus becoming healthier people in body and mind. Yoga is such a gift to Tamara, she enjoys using humor to encourage people on and off the mat. Her intention is always to help students smile on the outside as well as on the inside. Tamara's teachings are inspired by: Acts 17:28 "For in him we live and move and have our being." Yoga can be a great tool to lead us to open our being to the God of our own understanding. In Sanskrit she would say "Om, shanti, shanti." Interpreted as God, peace, peace.

The above was taken from her profile.
I went a little overboard, two classes at once the first was called Restorative and all we did was hug pillows and lay there. Its suppose to de-stress, relax and restore your body into a state of balance. My favorite part of that class was putting my legs in the air.
The second Class was Vinyasa Flow this was a little faster, but quite easy by this point all I wanted was to take a nap. This was what I thought Yoga was all about back in the day (before Bikrahm and Shakti). Well how am I feeling today? I feel like my shakras are aligned ;)
No really, I liked it. I'm a little tired but de-stressed.

On my way home, I stopped at the gas station to fill up, was just sitting there next to the nozzle (Thank God) when a fountain of gas gushed out. The auto stop malfunctioned and I got gas all over the car and my shoes. I was afraid I was going to catch fire.

Got home, Craig is waiting for me, lets go get dinner. Off to Izumi our favorite Japanese restaurant.http://izumikirkland.com/
I had the Fried Oysters and Ankimo (monk fish liver)  OMG so good
Craig had the Bento Box. We've been going to this restaurant since we moved here in 1996. The freshest and we always enjoy our meal.

Finally got home and there was a box waiting for me. Our son Andrew is selling Zrii and I got my first taste of it last night. Well see how it makes me feel, and if I loose more weight taking this stuff.
Here's the link to Andrew's website so you can try it

https://andrewb.myzrii.com/Home

No comments: